The housing market is booming right now, and although it’s a seller’s market, there are things you can do to increase the curb appeal of your home to set your home apart from others. In addition, thoughtful curb appeal and landscape lighting can help increase interest in your home and hopefully increase the asking price. What kinds of landscape lighting or outdoor lighting are trending? We have some ideas for you to improve your curb appeal with the right kind of outdoor lighting.
5 Ways to Increase Your Curb Appeal
- Outdoor lights can highlight the best features of your home including any interesting architectural elements. These elements can include entryways, columns, spires, or other prominent features. Spotlighting these parts of your home will help set it apart from the competition. If your entryway light is outdated, make an upgrade. You can use in-ground lights to illuminate walls or trees.
- Use outdoor lighting to illuminate pathways and walkways. Not only do these kinds of lights have an amazing effect on the look of the property, but they help with safety as well. A well-lit pathway is safer to walk down and well-lit properties, in general, are less likely to be targeted for burglars.
- Landscape lighting allows you to highlight beautiful trees, flower beds, koi ponds, or other landscaping features. The right kind of landscape lighting will create an ambiance that is appealing to home buyers and may increase the number of people interested in purchasing your home. Uplighting trees with a spotlight are one common type of landscape lighting.
- Deck lights and garden lights are often simple string lights with larger bulbs that can be installed easily by the homeowner. While simple, these lights can make a big difference.
- Garage doors and driveways are perfect spots for lighting as well. The right kind of lighting on the front of your home will make it more charming and safer.
Residential Electrical Services
Raceway Electric can help you increase your curb appeal with outdoor lighting. Contact us today to see how we can be of service. Committed to safety and quality, we’d love to help!