Electrical companies like Raceway Electric are committed to safety as a top priority for our customers and our team members. We follow strict safety rules and regulations to make sure that when we install, rewire, or perform maintenance on electrical systems in your home or business, we are doing everything possible to protect our customers and our employees. Below are some of the steps electrical companies like Raceway take for safety.
- All of our electricians are licensed and insured. For our customers, this means our team members are trained, highly-skilled, and know what they are doing. They have passed licensing requirements from the State of Kansas and are insured. Making sure our team meets these professional requirements is the first step in customer and team safety.
- One of the top rules for electricians to follow is, “Always assume an electrical device or wire is live or energized.” In making this assumption, electricians will be following all the top safety protocols.
- Of course, when a Raceway electrician starts a job, we will disconnect power sources. This is a critical step for safety.
- Raceway Electric follows state and local safety requirements for residential and commercial electrical work. We keep up with the changing codes so our work meets or exceeds those requirements. You can count on us to make sure your electrical system or installation is up to code.
- Electrical companies should be using the proper safety equipment. Safety gear includes insulated gloves, hard hats, and protective eyewear. Shoes should have insulated soles and electricians should avoid wearing metal jewelry.
- Using the right tool for the job is also important. Insulated tools help protect against energized wiring. Aluminum or metal ladders are also to be avoided to prevent electrical conductivity. Ensuring electrical companies are using the correct equipment helps keep our team members safe as well as our customers.
Raceway Electric is committed to staying safe. In protecting our team members, we also protect our customers. If you are looking for a residential electrician or commercial electrician, contact us!