Choosing Between Electricians and Electrical Contractors in Wichita, Kansas
When it comes to needing electrical work done around your home or business, beyond the most basic work, you should always consider hiring a professional. During your search, you may come across the term electrical contractor and wonder what the difference is between a contractor and an electrician.
Read on to get a better understanding of who can best help you with your individual electrical needs.
What’s the Difference?
The main difference is that an electrician is a trained professional who is responsible for performing the actual installation or repairs. At the same time, an electric contractor is a company that employs and oversees the electricians who are sent out to complete the jobs.
An electrician can work independently as an individual tradesperson or work for another electrician or contractor, so it can understandably be a bit confusing.
Beyond that, you should know that most contractors or businesses primarily focus their services within the construction phase of building; however, this is not always the case, so it never hurts to ask.
The contractors and those working individually tend to focus on and specialize in certain services. As a result, it is always a good idea to look them up online to see what services they provide. You can also look for reviews from previous customers to make sure they will be a good fit for you. Speaking with friends, family, and neighbors who have had work done can also be very helpful when choosing the proper service provider.
What Does Raceway Electric Offer?
We offer a wide variety of services for both your home and business including the following:
- Lighting: Whether you’re looking to add brand-new light fixtures or make upgrades to your old ones, we can help you. From LED to low-voltage to anti-microbial lighting, our team is ready to assist you. Thinking of adding an outdoor lighting system? Our team can do that for you.
- Home Safety and Security: Our trained professionals can install your home’s smoke detectors. Additionally, we can make sure that your residence is protected from electrical surges, and even install whole-home security systems providing peace of mind for you and your family.
- New Home Installations and Remodelling: Building a brand new house? Or looking to make an addition to your existing home? We can help to make sure all your electrical needs are met to ensure your home functions flawlessly and safely.
- Commercial Service and Repair: Our electricians are experienced in servicing your business’s electrical systems as well as your home’s. Need repairs? We can do that too.
- Small and Large Appliance Installation: From computers and phones to hot tubs and swimming pools, our electricians are trained to install quality electrical systems.
Raceway Electric – Wichita, Kansas
Not sure whether you should be working with an individual electrician or electrical contractors? Go ahead and give us a call. We’ll be happy to discuss your needs and let you know whether we think we can be of assistance.